TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hanky Panky Dept: Should Businesses Forbid Office Romances?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Love and marriage may "go together like a horse and carriage," but the question for entrepreneurs is, “Do they go together in today’s business environment?”

Work, after all, is the place where many people spend more than a third of their lives, and it's possibly one of the best places where employees can find a potential mate who shares similar life goals and attitudes.

But as romantic as that sounds for someone who's looking for love, dating in the workplace poses many problems for business owners. That’s why many businesses have rules against office romances; some even have rules against hiring married couples...

full article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/humanresourc...72920.html
I'm addressing this on a personal level only. Smile

I don't believe it is reasonable that businesses can dictate what people do on their own time, although many now are doing so.

Why should they concern themselves unless a particular situation causes a problem?

It just seems like one more entity attempting to repress our personal freedoms to me. Tongue2