TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Woman sues Yahoo for $20 million for Using Her Photo without Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:An Ohio woman is demanding $20 million from Yahoo for allegedly using a photo of her without her permission for a welcome e-mail sent to new users.

According to a court complaint filed Tuesday with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Shannon Stovall, a resident of Ohio's Cuyahoga County, discovered upon signing up for Yahoo's Web-based e-mail service last October that a picture taken of her appeared in a note sent to new users...

The complaint charges that the image has been sent to millions of users around the world without Stovall's authorization, violating her right to privacy and right to publicity--that is, to control the commercial use of her identity...

full article: http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6163987.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
just an fyi, I clicked on that link, and for some reason it completely froze my computer.. Violent1
Yahoo should have used my picture instead of hers.  I would have only sued them for $10 million. Smile