TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: OAI Board MooTalk to Shut Down Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Following the closing of OAI forum Auction Ethics earlier today, long time OAI chat board Moo Talk announces plans to pull the plug.

Quote: MooTalk to be changed.

Hello members!

I am planning on having MooTalk totally reworked which means the community forums will probably dissappear. I will keep the archived for some time to come, but I am just giving fair warning.

There are many reasons for this action. Primarily the database is corrupted at this point and we have been unsuccessful in upgrading this version of the software at all. It is more than 10 upgrades behind at this point, and thus means new features can't be added easily.

I actually purchased this site with inclusion of another site that Moo had created. It is that site that was desired and then agreed to take several more.

I am working with Patty (the previous administrator of this site) on some things, but would like to refer our members to Patty's new site - GoodTopics.com . If you would like a good community site, this is the new place to be.

I don't just want to shut down this site without notice. So we agreed that anyone interested would be given notice and can go over to the GoodTopics.com site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Again, visit:

http://www.goodtopics.com/

I will be there too.
First off, who is the "I"???? The new owners have never been identified, have they??? And with the direction that Moo talk has taken, even out of Dimview's own finger tips... 1600 members who aren't posting... except a relative few who do nothing but sing the praises of ebay and yahoo, regardless of the experience anyone else has had there, and Dim and another who also continously bash 3rd tier sites, altho they don't post at these 3rd tiers because according to them they are full of fraud and scams. Regardless of the ones who aren't fraud or scams. Oh well... that pasture needs new manure anyway.
Quote:The new owners have never been identified, have they

MacMoo is the new owner, but his real identity is a mystery.

Most of the active posters also post at Mad-Cows (where Patty recently filled in as admin)
from a Dimview post (bashing alternative auction sites of course):

Quote: MooTalk has 1,657 registered users — three new posts on October 7, one on October 8, one on October 9, and four on October 10. And its no better anywhere else.

I haven't been to Mad Cows in a long time. Does anyone know if Mad Cows is closing also?

Most of the active posters???

We recently have had 18 Moovians and 174 guests on the boards. | Our busiest day was 7880 Users on 07-02-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Bid-Alot, DarkKnight, dimview, gifts&things, ittybit, Kodi, Mojavelyn, mooluver, seedyreedy, simonsez, vitalfinds, willor

That is really bad.
Mad Cows wasn't included in the sale of the other Moo sites.  Crazy Chicken still owns it.
Do you know how much it sold for and which sites were included in the sale?
Quote:Effective June 1st, 2005, The Mootropolis sites have been sold to a new company (to be announced later). This includes:

Mootropolis.com
MooTalk.com
Moovian.com
Moostores.com
DealandSave.com
JiffyJack.com

and a few others.

This does NOT include Mad-Cows.com.

No purchase price was given, new owner's name was not disclosed, etc.
Thanks Todd for looking that up... When I click on Moostores at the top of any Moo page... I am redirected to an ebay prostores page. So, makes me wonder just how much ebay is behind it? Especially when some posters are so ebay oriented.

Hi, Mojavelyn! Nice to see you over here.

I haven't posted on MooTalk in about two months, so I had no idea they were going to close the boards. The boards were pretty slow most of the time, though--so It's not a total surprise.

I used to visit MadCows, but as most of the talk over there is about how much Bidville sucks (Ok, OK! We all get the point already, guys) for months, and months, and months--it's not all that interesting to me, at least. I agree that BV is hokey, weird, and essentially a dead end. A lot of people do. But endless talk about it seems to me to go nowhere. The Moo had just become a tamer echo of MC, methinks.

I don't know anything about the new owners. All I know is that the ealier mod(s) stepped down and let Fran take over for a bit, then she vanished and was replaced by MacMoo (the new buyer, I guess) who I don't think ever referred to himself by his real name (although for some reason, the name "John" pops in my head??).

I thought CrazyChicken was getting ready to quit modding MC a while back?
Pages: 1 2