TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Interview: Pierre Omidyar At Web 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay founder Pierre Omidyar discusses his Omidyar Network foundation.

Quote:From the beginning at eBay I knew that once it had begun becoming a business, if I was lucky I could build it to a certain point and then hand it over to someone for the next level. An issue of bringing in new blood to build something new with the same values. Not needing to be involved in every decision, Interested in how we coudl take the learnings at eBay and apply them to other sectors.

full article: http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogt...Web20.html
Well at least now I know why Meg handles all of the public speaking engagements.  :Smile :twistedevil:

He thinks eBay's developer program is a good thing.  Smile

Quote:Want to foster innovation, such as with eBay we have an API program with 20k developers, 45% of listings come from that API program. Trying to foster innovation outside the company's walls. No matter how great we are internally, we need to give people tools so we can foster more innovation.

eBay and PayPal are making the world a better place.  Smile

Quote:An organization that only focuses on their social good has difficulty scaling compared to those that focus on profits. With both, you get great people and you set them loose. That's what we did at eBay. With the full confidence that as they were pursuing returns they are making the world a better place.

Note to Pierre: in the future pleeeeaaazzzzze either hire a speech writer or let Meg do all of the talking.  Thank you.  Tongue
Confusedmileyyoyo: