TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: E-commerce Merchants Alliance Bylaws--PeSA Changes Its Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Professional eBay Sellers Alliance (PeSA )has changed its official name to E-commerce Merchants Alliance (EMA).  Despite the official name change, EMA will continue to operate under the dba name of PeSA.

Official organization bylaws of EMA/PeSA:

http://www.gopesa.org/bylaws.htm

Disclaimer: this info fell out of the sky and no one is responsible for leaking it to us.  Happy001

FYI- Despite the name change, we have no plans to change our smilie signs to reflect the new organization name.  Laughing4

..more info to follow as it falls out of the sky  :twistedevil:

Uh oh lookout :chitfan: , it must be traffic sweeps week again  Drummer2

:popcorneaters:
one source of contention:

Quote:Current Directors and Officers

The following individuals currently hold positions in the organization:

Joseph Cortese, Director & Chairman of the Board
Barry Anderson, Director
Jonathan Garriss, Director & Executive Director
Shelly Hudson, Director
Brandon Dupsky, Director
Polly Cortese, Financial Controller

another source of fighting:

Quote:The Board of Directors shall be governed by the founding Chairman, Joe Cortese indefinitely.

another source of fighting:

Quote:The affairs of EMA/PESA shall be directed by a Board of Directors comprising four members elected on a national basis, each member serving for a twenty-four month term plus the Chairman of the Board.... The Board may modify term duration at its discretion.

...more later  :twistedevil:

the new directors:

Quote:Current Directors and Officers

The following individuals currently hold positions in the organization:

Joseph Cortese, Director & Chairman of the Board
Barry Anderson, Director
Jonathan Garriss, Director & Executive Director
Shelly Hudson, Director
Brandon Dupsky, Director
Polly Cortese, Financial Controller

the old directors:

Quote: Board of Directors
Joseph Cortese - Founder & Chairman of the Board
NobleSpirit

Jonathan Garriss - Executive Director
Gotham City Online

Barry Anderson - Director
Asset Recovery, LLC

Shelly Hudson - Director
Shoetime

Brandon Dupsky - Director
Sell 2 All

reaction to the bylaws changes:

Quote:xxxxxx
10/05/05

I would also like to add that why is P Cortese, the Financial Controller. Joe in control of the board and P in control of the money.

This kind of control does not belong in one family.

Joe has not relinquished anything. He is the permanent director of the board, his wife is in control of the money and Joe is in control of the EBay Group.

It makes me VERY uncomfortable having one person in control of everything.

Joe come on man, this is bigger then just you. If you continue to try to have you hands in everything, approve everything, and audit everything. We will forever struggle to grow.

xxxxx

Quote:xxxxx
10/06/05

I am puzzled as to why everyone’s response to P is she does a good job. This is totally irrelevant and nobody say she did not. She needs to go period, this is just wrong. Please make it right.

And as far as elections go, again this is wrong. We the members elected 2 people for 1 year terms. This is wrong for the board to change it. I think the better way would be to hold 2 elections at the fall summit, 1 for an 18 month term and 1 for a 24 month term. The vote count winner getting the 18 month term.

If anyone’s terms are extended, I would hope PESA members would join me in not even considering any current board member (or family member of current board member for election or re-election.

This board has simply shown us there are to many self serving decisions being made.

xxxxx

10/06/05

Let me make sure I have this correct:

The board thinks it is a good idea for Joe to remain in control of PESA forever?

The board thinks having Joe in control of PESA forever and his wife in control of all it’s finances is in our best interest?

The members of the board believe that giving complete control to 3 out of 5 members of the board is in our best interest, no matter what the other 870 members have to say?

If your statement above it accurate then your answer to all of these questions is YES! This absolutely blows my mind.

I also take great offense with the following comment:

“It makes me VERY uncomfortable having one person in control of everything”

OK, maybe I am wrong, are these by laws not giving permanent control of PESA to Joe and his wife forever?

You know what, I give up, you guys are now doing whatever you want and this group is going nowhere with people who feel those by-laws are in the best interest of PESA.

Do whatever you want, because apparently you feel that members that care about the group are simply getting in your way, we are a nuisance, we are Neanderthals, which having nothing better to do then bust your balls, YOUR WRONG! I have a very successful business as many members here actively participating in these discussions do, yet you think all we want to is come here and stop progress and complain.

Do not bother to respond, I am just going to become one of those other members who lurk and wait for some nice perks for doing nothing comes along. Since this is apparently what you want.

xxxxx

One note: The name change from PeSA to EMA apparently won't  be officially announced until the group's meeting in Austin later this month
So instead of PeSA Chit, can we now say their name tags will read "EMA PeSA Chit? "  Bootyshake
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=834.msg3159#msg3159 date=1129440411]
So instead of PeSA Chit, can we now say their name tags will read "EMA PeSA Chit? "  Bootyshake
[/quote]

Stay tuned for today's episode of The Adventures of Cowboy Jay and his Merry Band of PeSAsh!ts   to discover if the PeSAsh!ts will change their name tags!

:rebear4:
Wow!
They're even getting nasty with the toolmaking sponsors over in EMAland  :twistedevil:

SW, CEO of  CA addresses Cowboy Jay the moderator after SW came under attack

Quote:xxxx
10/04/05

Sherriff Jay,

I'm not going anywhere - just want to make sure i'm following the rules and not booted/subjected to have all posts reviewed before posted. If JC+crew are ok with me following the simple rule of not mentioning company name then that's a rule I can run with. The "inference" stuff I can't navigate.

xxxx

P.S. J/Jay/M - I don't think this is really a moderator issue - it's an "other sponsor issue".

and...

Quote:... but it seems to be really only[SW]/CA that is under this rule. Buysafe_tim, auctionhelper, mystorecredit, dave_zoovy (sp?) all have designations in their user name – is that allowed or disallowed? My about me page references CA. noblespirit’s about-me page is about 75% meridian oriented – is that allowed?

The only reason I signed the one post CA was Moderator Jay was starting to post after me and say (moderator’s note, [SW} is ceo of [CA}) as I think given my low feedback he felt readers were confused or something. So I was trying to save him the trouble, not be an evil marketer.

another person chimes in:

10/03/05

...Now I am not sure moderators and even some board members are saying no there were never any clear rules, yet you are stating there was with your rule #1 and rule #2 and even going as far as enforcing these rules. I too was under the impression these rules were in place hence this is where the confusion came in. While until Scot’s recent post I did not know exactly what took place, it was apparent [SW] was asked to refrain from posting to just any thread and using the PESA sponsors thread which has been alive and ongoing for some time now.

Buysafe has violated this policy numerous times. I personally emailed the moderators on more then occasion, and was told that buysafe posts would not be removed. I was never told buysafe’s post were not against the rules, but they would not be removed because basically buysafe is a friend of PESA.

Many of buysafes posts are self-promotion and yet it appears anyway nothing has ever been done to correct this.
Watch the show as the whole thing just falls apart.
Gotta LOVE Karma.  Laughing4
where are the financial reports ask a couple of members...

10/08/05

How can a Board member being in Voices give the impression of a conflict of interests and P being Financial Controller not? After all, she has produced NO financial report in two years. We have had no reports, just excuses.

10/08/05

xxxxx

Your question should be posed to Shelly. She was the one, who, by her own admission has held up the accounting by failing to provide proper receipts and records going back to the first NY summit.

xxxxx

10/08/05

Use Shelly as an excuse all you want. It doesn't change the fact and the TRUTH that P has not produced a Financial statement in two years.

P, as the Financial Controller, should have NEVER placed the burden of processing Pesa's funds in Shelly's business PayPal account. It was P and Joe's lack of planning which caused this necessity. The necessity occurred during the NY Summit in May of 2004. Pesa ( the eBay Elite) started nine months earlier. Planning for the NY summit started around February. Shelly, who was not presently on the Board, suggested numerous times that JC should get an Elite PayPal account. JC did nothing.

So, iT is not fair or proper for you to use Shelly as an excuse for P's lack of work or JC's lack of planning. Had Shelly not agreed to use her PayPal account, the NY Summit may have never happened. Even if it did, I wonder what excuse would be used for no Financial report.

Shelly did not hesitate to give those funds to JC in a timely manner for JC to deposit in his personal account. Does the financial report contain a detailed listing details of JC's personal PayPal account? Wouldn't that be considered commingling of funds on JC's behalf?
Pages: 1 2 3