TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Pillows - a hot bed of fungal spores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Researchers at The University of Manchester funded by the Fungal Research Trust have discovered millions of fungal spores right under our noses - in our pillows. 

Aspergillus fumigatus, the species most commonly found in the pillows, is most likely to cause disease;

The researchers dissected both feather and synthetic samples and identified several thousand spores of fungus per gram of used pillow - more than a million spores per pillow.

The microscopic fungus Aspergillus fumigatus was particularly evident in synthetic pillows, and fungi as diverse as bread and vine moulds and those usually found on damp walls and in showers were also found

...these findings certainly have important implications for patients with respiratory disease - especially asthma and sinusitis.".

full article: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/news...s/pillows/
Well, now I can't sleep.  Thanks for sharing.  Tongue2
-->The Happy Fluffy Chit Chat Club.<--
I think Mandy picked a perfect topic for this forum. Pillows are fluffy!  Tool
Okay, I haven't read the above-mentioned article.  However, having majored (that means 4 years in college with no degree)  in microbiology/virology/chemistry, my off-the-cuff thoughts are:

"Thank goodness for moldy, sporey pillows!  Our constant exposure to the little boogers crawling around our nasal passages and getting in our eyes and lungs has kept our immunity to these kritters UP AND RUNNING HIGH !!
Toothy9