TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Payments: Gateway to Dominant E-Commerce?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Google enthusiasts recently uncovered a webpage indicating that Google was testing (sans public beta) a new payment method, and preliminary speculations suggest that Google is planning to take PayPal head on.

Yes, it most definitely looks like it, but that’s just the surface and scratching it a little reveals the bigger picture. If you look at every Google product, you will realize one common theme – they all help you look for something (search) and this means that simply introducing a payment gateway in no way completes that picture. Google will most likely find a way to integrate search into its payment method, and this obvious extension has fairly serious albeit interesting complications...

complete article: http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1868&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=0
Quote: ... if it happens, Google’s omniscience will increase manifold and I’m not sure if that is something to be particularly excited about.

As an alternative to Ebay it sounds OK with me, I would rather have two giant ecommerce venues than one. But remember that commerce on the web is still tiny compared to commerce in general. How big is big going to be?
Has there been any truth, or data discovered on the rumors of a Google Auctions service?
I don't think they are competing with paypal any way, their service are planned for the advertiser only.