TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google: Kill Blogspot Already!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 articles complaining about google blogspot's spamming problem

Google: Kill Blogspot Already!!!

Quote:In the past few days, I've been inundated with an enormous amount of subscribed search spam for designated keywords. To the tune of hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of bunk entries. Who knew "lockergnome" and "pirillo" would be THAT popular?! Still, I can't help but think that others are having the same headaches - and 99% of the crap coming in is directly from a single domain: blogspot.com.

Google, it may have been a smart acquisition in the beginning, but y'all need to clean house in a big way.

full article: http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/...02867.html

Spam-blogs: Google's Mess Harms Everyone

Quote:The Blogger/Blogspot service is the chief way that blog spammers are using to pollute the search rankings at Google and the blog search engines, and in the process turning links into a much less valuable commodity.

Feedster seems especially vulnerable, based on my experience. But the evidence of rampant, uncontrolled "splogging," as spam blogs are now called, is apparent on all of the search services.

full article: http://bayosphere.com/blog/dan_gillmor/2...s_everyone
Seems like a good idea to me!  Thumbsup
Ban all the advertisement filled parked domain pages that clog google first  Laughing4
Just spent last week setting up two blogspot blogs - with real content - to create links to my websites.

Now you tell me that the Spam4 monster is killing that avenue as he has killed others.

Protest  Protest  Protest

However I am not sure the problem is as bad as those articles say. I have browsed maybe two dozen blogger/blogspot blogs. I found several were painfully dull, many ranged from passible to very good, and only one was pure spam, with a title that would make Bargain blush. --- well almost.
Quote:Ban all the advertisement filled parked domain pages that clog google first  Laughing4

Agreed.
I know this is something that has really been pissing me off lately when doing searches (especially when I'm looking for my keywords) - once you get past the 4th or 5th page, it's just page after page of shit spam blogs.  Which are listed higher than my keywords for my store sometimes  Angryfire
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=855.msg4907#msg4907 date=1132240369]
I know this is something that has really been pissing me off lately when doing searches (especially when I'm looking for my keywords) - once you get past the 4th or 5th page, it's just page after page of wombat poo poo spam blogs.  Which are listed higher than my keywords for my store sometimes  Angryfire
[/quote]

I'll trade you searches.  I'm getting splogs on the first  and second pages of my searches.  Tech terms are the absolute worst.  Blob8