TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ingredients of a Great Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I’ve been writing lately about logos and this time I’m going into what makes a logo great. We’ve all seen good and bad logos. Some logos can cost thousands of dollars for something so simple. On the other hand Nike’s swoosh cost just ten dollars. That just goes to show you that a logo can’t be judged by its cost. What can a logo be judged by?

Relevancy — A logo for a website or a company may need to be a summary of the company. It could relate to the product or the company name, either way it has to do with the company. My website doesn’t have a pool table as a logo because it doesn’t fit in with web development. That should mean you take everything off the table. For a water bottling company you may have a mountain because water that is clean often comes from glacier run off on mountains. Just keep the logo relevant in some way...

full article: http://ledgerpad.ath.cx/design/what-makes-a-great-logo
Hmmm.....this blog post was fairly pathetic. Dan can't spell, does not know basic grammar, and knows little about logos, IMO. He is just a freshman in college. :Smile
His list of what makes a great logo is as follows:
1. relevancy
2. appealing
3. consistency
4. contrast
5. uniqueness

My choices would have been:
1. relevant
2. branding----instant recognition for the company (encompasses uniqueness)
3. eye-catching; obtained by using principles of design, contrast being one of them. Not all principles need be used in one logo.

Anyone else?