TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay My Messages Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***My Messages: New Look, Bulk Message Management, and More*** 

Hi everyone...I'm Raza Malik, and my team is responsible for My Messages, your inbox within My eBay where you receive secure, relevant messages from eBay and other members. Not only is My Messages the best way to communicate with your transaction partners on eBay, but it's also an important safety tool to help you verify that the email you receive from eBay is authentic.

We've been working on some changes to the user interface that we think will make it more intuitive and user-friendly - much like most standard email applications.

Here is some more detail about the changes you'll see in the next few days:

Easier identification for alerts, eBay messages, and member messages
To help you prioritize at a glance, we're making it easier to identify what types of messages are in your inbox. Alerts (important messages about your account from Billing, Trust & Safety, etc.) are now displayed at the top of your inbox in a separate section from other messages. If you don't have any alerts, this section will not be displayed.

In the Messages section, messages from eBay will be highlighted in green, while messages from other members, such as questions about an item, will be in black.

Bulk actions and other message management tools
Now you can manage multiple messages at once using Delete, Save to Desktop, Move to, and Mark As actions. You can also set how many messages you want to see on each page, and use a new filter to quickly find messages related to a particular item.

We're also working on "threading" member-to-member messages, so that you can easily read your entire conversation with another member. Look for this in the next few months.

Improved look-and-feel
We've updated the left-hand navigation to make the most commonly-used links stand out more, plus we've designed a cleaner-looking layout to My Messages overall. In addition you'll see new icons that "describe" many of the features and actions and more customization options.