TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Can social media actually do anything for your company?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Can social media actually do anything for your company? Can social media improve your company’s image or sell your product – especially when you’re, let’s say, running a start-up with no marketing or PR budget? I was in just that position not too long along ago, and I can tell you the answer is absolutely ‘Yes.’...

So how can you leverage social media to achieve your goals? There are some tried and true methods for this – but make no mistake, it does involve work. Starting corporate and personal blogs is a great first step in testing the social media waters. Here are a few pointers for newbies (or best practices for those with active or, ahem, “inactive” blogs):

1. Be real. I’ve seen it time and time again; executives start blogging because it’s trendy. Blogs are not a “if you build it they will come” proposition. If you’re going to blog, take the time to think about the unique insight you can bring to the market...

full article: http://foundread.com/2007/09/21/5-tips-o...r-startup/