TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Knockoffs on Amazon Marketplace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I had wanted a set of these earphones ever since I gave them a rave review last year in The Times. They sounded great and fit snugly in the ear. Perfect for gym workouts, just in case I ever got back to the gym.

List price -- $79.99. But only a fool pays list. Amazon.com had them for about $65.

I wasn't about to stop there. On the same Amazon product page was a link to Amazon Marketplace, where anyone can put an item up for sale. That's where the CX-300s were being offered for less than $25.

A drop from list price of more than 66% raised a warning flag, even though the seller with the best price, Wifipro, had a positive customer feedback rating. I wrote him an e-mail asking: Was the product, at his price of $24.99, used, refurbished or damaged?

Wifipro's reply: "These units are brand spanking new in factory blister pack, not returns, not used and not refurbished.

"They are a beautiful product at an unbelievable price."

I was sold. The price was so good, I almost felt like a bandit.

Indeed, it was a "beautiful product." But only, as it turns out, if you admire the work of counterfeiters.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-fa...ome-center