TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: This Week's Top Domain Name Sales: Cowboys and Criminal Lawyers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week's top 50 domain name sales included 37 .com names, 8 .mobi names, 2 .uk names, 1 .eu name, 1 .net name, and 1 .info name

This week's top domain name sales:
Quote:1.  Cowboys.com  $370,000  at Moniker/T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
2. CrosswordPuzzles.com $210,000 at Moniker/T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
3. CriminalLawyers.com $195,000 at Moniker/T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
4. CaribbeanVacations.com $130,000 at Moniker/T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
5. Hosting.mobi $101,000 at Sedo

Full list of this week's top sales: http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
The Mobi total is a bit biased, the Registry is releasing to auction their premium names, one hundred or so per month, so we will be seing a lot of big Mobi sales. There is a development requirement attached to those sales, very good for Mobi.

Cowboys.com was a circus.
It was sold at the TRAFFIC auction for $250,000 to a phone bidder. Turns out the bidder was a lawyer representing the Dallas Cowboys football team.

But the boinktard lawyer thought he was bidding $250. only    Big Grin

So the nice folks at Moniker let them off the hook and Rick Schwartz and friends bought it in the silent auction.

Moral: never drink and bid - unless you own a famous sports team.
Quote:But the boinktard lawyer thought he was bidding $250. only  Big Grin 

:blinkie:  Happy001
Yeah - it does show how the value of domains has not reached the minds of the public.

Can you imagine Jerry Glanville (however it is spelled) the Cowboy's owner, a cowboy/businessman himself, no doubt, when he hears that he has just spent 1/4 million dollars for a DOMAIN NAME? He probably was on the phone to Monte (owner of Moniker) so fast and was sooooo P.O.'ed that Monte felt like the Alamo. No wonder he let him off --- self preservation.
Glanville should have resisted the urge to make that phone call.  $250,000 was a bargain for that name.
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=16854.msg66260#msg66260 date=1194748779]
Glanville should have resisted the urge to make that phone call.  $250,000 was a bargain for that name.
[/quote]

I would think so. And, it isn't as if he couldn't afford it  Tongue