TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Will eBay force sellers to leave positive feedback under certain circumstances?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:eBay sellers were outraged at the idea that eBay might force them to leave positive feedback under certain circumstances. Discussion began heating up over the weekend after sellers reported having received a survey from eBay on the topic of feedback. eBay often conducts surveys, but a few users posted online that they believed the controversial question indicated eBay had already made a decision to change the feedback system.

eBay asked survey recipients, "As a buyer, how would you prefer to receive Feedback?" They were given a choice of three responses: "I want sellers to leave me Feedback rating and comments as they do today"; "When I have quickly paid for my item, sellers can only leave me positive Feedback"; and "When I have quickly paid for my items, eBay will automatically leave me positive Feedback."...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m11/i19/s01
If eBay would crack down on fraud they might be able to eliminate the need to give buyers feedback entirely.

I don't think rating buyers enhances the "buyer experience".  Amazon buyers aren't rated.  My website buyers aren't rated (we do however have a dartboard that we reserve for selected  buyers :twistedevil: ).