TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amateur Hour at the eBay Alternative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another out-of-the-box site with database problems (remember HiBidder)...another out-of-the-box site that lost all its auctions (25,854 listings)...another out-of-the-box site that expects members to start from scratch... :Smile

Quote:Unfortunately while programming for CRON work our programmers corrupted several auction files for relisting auctions.
Quote:During the last few weeks we have seen several programming errors show up on the McBidz platform and we will be taking McBidz down to rectify and upgrade our software.

We will be keeping our member database and categories, BUT will be deleting all current auctions on our site to get rid of corrupted files (auctions without pictures, double listings, etc..)

Once we come back you will see a faster, error free site, which will be easier to buy and sell on. We are unsure of how long this update will take as our other areas will be having work done as well, it may even take a couple months to finalize.

full post :Smile http://powersellersunite.com/about16155.html#141606

I don't understand why eBay alternatives have such a hard time attracting full time sellers. Confusedarcasm1:
psu mod elgato Wrote:Appears mcbidz.com is up and running again and yes CD, I lost about 1/2 of my listed items...

When time permits, I'll start adding more stuff to mcbidz. This has happened on several auction sites who've performed upgrades over the years so it's no big deal IMHO.

:blinkie: :Smile

[quote author=amy link=topic=17462.msg68219#msg68219 date=1203538482]
psu mod elgato Wrote:Appears mcbidz.com is up and running again and yes CD, I lost about 1/2 of my listed items...

When time permits, I'll start adding more stuff to mcbidz. This has happened on several auction sites who've performed upgrades over the years so it's no big deal IMHO.

:blinkie: :Smile[/quote]

Spoken like a true hobby seller.
McBidz Wrote:Our goal this year is 5 million McBidzers, and have marketing/advertising in place to accomplish this.

The only thing missing is the infrastructure to handle it. The outdated, full of security holes, PHP Pro Bid v6.03 script he's using won't handle 5 million members.

Quote:We have major advertisers in place as you will see from the pages

I don't see any advertisers.  I see a clown who joined LinkShare, pasted a bunch of affiliate program ads on his site, and tried to pass them off as major advertising sponsors of the site.  Alex Ewaey attempted the same deception during an early incarnation of Ewaey --and Alex, like McBidz, also pasted a few fliers on lampposts in Times Square and called it a major marketing campaign.
Quote:I don't see any advertisers.

I don't see any site. Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mcbidz.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mcbidz.com Port 80
Quote:At McBidz.com your online security is our #1 priority
Quote:How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?

When you send confidential personal credit card information to us on our Web site, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our Web site.
http://www.mcbidz.com/security.php

Hey Charlie McBoinktarden, how is it possible to encrypt information en route from a user's browser to your site when your site doesn't have an SSL certifficate???

Boinktard
[quote author=mandy link=topic=17462.msg74253#msg74253 date=1239606835]
McBidz Wrote:Our goal this year is 5 million McBidzers, and have marketing/advertising in place to accomplish this.

The only thing missing is the infrastructure to handle it. The outdated, full of security holes, PHP Pro Bid v6.03 script he's using won't handle 5 million members.
[/quote]

It will be really hard to hit 500 new members without a registration link somewhere on the site other than the registration page itself.  Happy001