TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: StyleShake: Design Your Own Clothes and Order Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:"Sure, there's such a company. I heard of something like this way back, even as far back as the bubble. This, after all, is precisely what the Internet is for." This is the thought that naturally comes to mind, when hearing about e-commerce startup StyleShake, which enables any visitor to the site to design their own clothes and order them online. Yet, surprisingly, online clothing design has sprouted just a few small businesses. "Product customization really is an old field," explains Iris Ben-David, CEO and founder of StyleShake...

"Buying made-to-measure clothing online is quite popular worldwide today. In the near future, we will also be able to give women the option of tailoring items to ensure a perfect fit according to their specific body measurements, rather than just ordering according to one uniform size," said Iris Ben-David, CEO and founder of StyleShake...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/Creating...61990.html
Great site..........I plan to use it.  Smile

However, it is very limited in certain areas, at least at the moment. You have a choice of only two materials/fabrics---silk and cotton-lycra (and they don't tell you the specifics, such as weight of the fabric, which would determine the "hand"). Once you choose which fabric to use, you have a very limited selection of colors in said fabric (like 5 or 6 colors in each). Then, once your material and color has been chosen, you have a limited selection of "parts" styles; i.e., upper body part, lower, etc.. You are also limited to dresses. 

Still, all that said, it is very cool, and affordable, imo. For more options in custom designed clothing, try Etsy.