TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PETA PRESIDENT AUCTIONS HERSELF ON EBAY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk, founder of the world’s largest animal rights organization and author of several books on how to be kind to animals, is giving lab chiefs and steakhouse owners a chance to get back at her. Because PETA’s Campaigns Department is experiencing unprecedented growth, Newkirk has put her services up for bid on eBay to fund her campaigners’ travel to protest sites around the globe.

Newkirk will accompany a hunter into the field, check trap lines, help a cowboy get decked out for the rodeo, clean cages in an animal experimentation laboratory, or even attend a cockfight (but only in New Mexico or Louisiana, where the activity is legal).

full press release: http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=7354

the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5630325919
ROFL.  What a nut.

I laughed when I saw the 'only normal daily activities, no pain or suffering specifically for this event' or whatever it said.

Well, what if some guy really into BDSM wins her for the day??  ;D  Inflicting pain and suffering would be a normal daily activity....

Ohh, tempting to ASQ and ask!!
Isn’t that slavery? :blinkie:

Seems to me the Civil Rights groups, the ACLU and a few other PITA type groups would be up in arms.

Where’s the NAGS on this one.
Where’s the MADDs, the DAMM’s and all the other liberal left wing organizations.

Auctioning off people at feebay.

Well isn’t that just special.

I'd like to do an ASQ too.  Whip2

Happy001
In my family we subscribe to the PETA beliefs (the other one, you know, People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, many of which we breed, birth, and butcher ourselves)

If I had the money I'd buy her so she could come to my house on chicken butchering day.  That's when we spend from sunup to sundown butchering the chickens the kids raised.
Happy001 Laughing4
Quote: In an auction that ended this morning, Newkirk landed more than 40 bids, and in the end, Sandy Boss and Gary Reamer, a married couple from Encinitas, Calif., paid a whopping $43,600 to hire Newkirk for the day.

Bids for Newkirk’s auction exceeded the average amount in online celeb auctions. Author John Grisham closed at $12,100, Stephen King at $25,100, and Rupert Murdoch has stalled at only $25,200. People associated with fur do not seem to fare well in eBay auctions. Lunch with Star Jones went for only $500, and PETA foe and J.Crew CEO Millard Drexler did not receive any bids in a Lunch With a Leader auction.

full press release: http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=7416
[quote author=midori_meadows link=topic=1066.msg4202#msg4202 date=1130970686]
In my family we subscribe to the PETA beliefs (the other one, you know, People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, many of which we breed, birth, and butcher ourselves)

If I had the money I'd buy her so she could come to my house on chicken butchering day.  That's when we spend from sunup to sundown butchering the chickens the kids raised.
[/quote]

I love PETA, not because I subscribe to all the beliefs, but love the shock-promotion biz model. Wal-mart is trying to please the world. Clearly PETA is not. Look at BBH, for example. Piss off 99% of everybody and you a BUILD a extremely loyal customer base out of the remaining 1%. 1% of 300 million computer shoppers = 3 million!

Oops! Guess BBH pissed off 99.9999998% of the customers.
Quote:New York – It’s everyone’s worst nightmare to appear naked in front of a crowd, but that nightmare has become a reality for PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk. With her nude body painted a deathly gray, Newkirk will recline in a flower-strewn coffin in Times Square beneath a giant banner reading, "I Wouldn’t Be Caught Dead in Fur." Newkirk’s goosebump-inducing protest comes at the bidding of Sandy Boss and Gary Reamer, a California couple who purchased her services as their personal assistant for a day through an eBay auction that earned PETA $43,600 for its anti-fur campaign:

full article: http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=7456

Quote:New York - It was one of those "only in New York" moments: Two coffins, laid out in the middle of Times Square in a cold rain, with the naked bodies of a man and a woman in them - talking.

Their message was: Some clothes sold in America are made with fur that comes from animals allegedly tortured in China.

"Animals are skinned alive in China, because it's cheaper than to kill them humanely," said Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta), opening her eyes as she shivered in a black cardboard coffin, with a cold wind blowing the rain through the square...

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=22&art_id=qw1132718769498B225
How can she sell herself... when that other guy was arrested for selling his baby??  Level playing field my butt!
Lovin' every minute of it! I'm not anti-fur or anti-leather or anti-meat, but I am MAJORLY anti-cruelty.

You'd have to be completely heartless to wear leather from an animal that was skinned alive, JUST to save a couple of dollars. So her ploy worked. I'm going to find out more about this.