TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Turning Clutter Into Cash: BuyBackDirect, Broken Gold, Second Rotation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Amid a teetering economy, many people would like to pick up a few extra bucks. Desks and drawers in your house won't provide a steady supply of money, but it's becoming easier to convert household clutter into cash...

A new generation of Web sites, however, makes it simple to sell these long-forgotten items with little effort.

While there may be some minor differences in how each Web site works, most follow the same basic plan. The Web site gives you information on the types of items it buys. It then requests that you find the manufacturer, the model number and rate the item's condition.

When you have input all the information, the Web site gives you an estimate of the item's worth. If satisfied, you can request a prepaid envelope in which to send in the item at no charge. Once the company receives the item, it will evaluate it to make sure it is in good condition and then send you a check...

full article: http://biz.yahoo.com/ts/080318/10408248.html?.v=2

related:

Quote:It makes much more sense for professional sellers to buy the product back from the consumer, putting cash into their hands quickly, and then turn around and sell that product on Amazon, eBay or their own website; because that is what they do for a living. Sourcing, is one of the most difficult tasks for an online seller and finding a steady stream of quality product is a challenge.

I can tell you personally that buying back media items, from the consumer, gives me a steady stream of high quality DVD's CD's and Video Games. I turn around and ship them to Amazon FBA and sell them on Amazon.com. ItÂ’s a great business for a blogger.

If the concept works for media items, it can certainly work for numerous other categories...

full article: http://rksmythe.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-t...e-big.html