TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google's Outdated User Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Google has long been known for its speed, relevance and that simple user interface.

But Silicon Valley executives scouting for the next big thing in search say Google isn't doing enough to innovate on its search results pages, especially in an era of near-ubiquitous broadband.

One venture capitalist of that opinion is Mark Kvamme of Sequoia Capital, an early investor in Google. He has a vested interest in the area: In 2005, Kvamme and his firm put in $500,000 to fund a company called Searchme, a visual search engine that launched in recent weeks by invitation only. Sequoia has since invested millions of dollars in Searchme, whose results pages take a cue from the deck-of-cards visual display of Apple's iTunes...

full article: http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9897328...g=nefd.top
Quote:Searchme, whose results pages take a cue from the deck-of-cards visual display of Apple's iTunes...

I think I'll stick with Google's plain results...
simple is better
[youtube=425,350]BZSpjXEvy1I[/youtube]

SearchMe demo

Quote:SearchMe demo

Actually, I think I'd enjoy using that engine for certain things.......although, I could do without the damn flash.