TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Webmin Rocks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fuck cPanel, Webmin rocls and is free!  Smile

http://www.webmin.com
One of the first things we do when we get a new server is install Webmin, but its really only good if you have a dedicated server and are "server Linux/Unix literate".  There are some things that cPanel and Plesk do that webmin can't (the main thing is be installed on a shared server and be used by someone who's not an expert), but none of the control panels really do anything you couldn't do from a command prompt.  I do like that webmin doesn't fuck with your server configuration when you install it the way  Plesk (and to some extent  cPanel) does though.
I've just launched my first "self-managed" dedicated server, and am loving WebMin.  The "Book of Webmin" is very comprehensive, but just wondering if anyone else had some helpful sites for using WebMin to do virtual hosting.  I will admit that I am very new in the hosting area.  I'm currently on a reseller account that has a limited amount of space for databases, and wanted to transition some of my clients over to my MySQL server on my dedicated server (separate from my reseller account) as their sites became more popular.

I know my question wasn't very specific, but just looking for other sites that maybe have tutorials on different types of setups.

Thanks,
Jen
Thanks, I had installed usermin, but I hadn't come across virtualmin yet.  That seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

Occasion14
I guess its been a while since I looked at the webmin web site, I diddn't know about usermin or virtualmin until seeing them listed in this thread.  :-[