TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Buy.com launches Marketplace program for 3rd party sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Are you ready to put your products in front of Buy.com’s customer? The Buy.com Marketplace is the right program for you. If you are an established retailer with products to sell, the Marketplace program lets you leverage Buy.com’s customer reach and infrastructure to sell your products through the Buy.com website. As a Marketplace Seller, you are responsible for fulfilling orders of your products made through the Buy.com Marketplace, and ensuring buyers have a great shopping experience.
Quote:Who can sell on Buy.com Marketplace?  Currently only US businesses with a tax ID can sell on Buy.com Marketplace.
Can I create my own product pages on Buy.com Marketplace? You are limited to sell only items that are currently listed in Buy.com's catalog.
Quote:Seller Fees There are no fees for listing your items on Buy.com. When an item is sold, sellers pay a commission of $.99 per item plus a percentage of the sales price.

Store Commission
Books, Videos, Music 15%
Electronics and Computer Hardware 8%
Software 14%
Games 15%
Toy & Baby 15%
Home & Outdoor 15%
Jewelry 15%
Apparel 15%

FAQ: http://www.buy.com/corp/support/newseller_faq.asp#2
Marketplace Seller's Guide: http://www.buy.com/toc/marketplace_selle...65546.html
Registration: https://secure.buy.com/corp/support/logi...llermanage
I hope it's easier to use than PriceGrabber Storefronts. Lol

Quote:Who can sell on Buy.com Marketplace?  Currently only US businesses with a tax ID can sell on Buy.com Marketplace.

I like that rule.  It should cut down on the number of scammers *thinks of eBay's fraud ridden consumer electronics categories populated by sellers hiding behind anonymous IDs*
Related:

Quote:ChannelAdvisor, the leading provider of e-commerce channel management solutions and Buy.com, the Internet Superstore, announced today that the companies will combine forces to implement new software that leverages the ChannelAdvisor Complete platform to bring online retailers' merchandise to Buy.com.

Under the alliance, ChannelAdvisor Complete will be the first channel management solution to fully integrate with Buy.com. The integration enables online retailers to list their merchandise and process orders across multiple e-commerce channels, including Buy.com, from a single interface.

ChannelAdvisor will be fully integrated with Buy.com by the summer of 2008. In conjunction with this announcement, ChannelAdvisor will waive all ChannelAdvisor fees associated with selling on Buy.com for a promotional period...

full press release: http://www.foxbusiness.com/article/buyco...808_1.html
I registered last week.  They approved my account today. 

More work for me. :blinkie:
STFU and stop whining.  More sales for you too.
We're live.  I listed one item manually--the listing process (and the seller dashboard) are amazingly similar to listing on Amazon...but faster.

Now I'm off to look at the bulklister.  Hopefully we'll be able to do an export from Fillz and convert it to Buy.com's spreadsheet format without too many problems when we start listing next week (this week is devoted to Pricegrabber).

Edit: the fees are similar to Amazon too.  From the listing confirmation email:

Quote:$6.99 Price listed.
$1.05 Buy.com commission when sold.
$0.99 Buy.com per item fee when sold.
$2.25 Shipping credit for standard shipping when sold.
$4.45 Shipping credit for expedited shipping when sold.
$7.20 Total you will receive per item when sold with standard shipping.
$9.40 Total you will receive per item when sold with expedited shipping.
Your store has ONE ITEM.  What are you, a Popper? They like to list ONE ITEM too.  Maybe you can take a vacation with the profits when your ONE ITEM sells or BUY A FRIGGIN' VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=17626.msg70062#msg70062 date=1210950138]
Your store has ONE ITEM.  What are you, a Popper? They like to list ONE ITEM too.  Maybe you can take a vacation with the profits when your ONE ITEM sells or BUY A FRIGGIN' VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
[/quote]

blue finned troll alert!
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=17626.msg70073#msg70073 date=1210984072]
[/quote]

blue finned troll alert!
[/quote]

:imptongue: :imptongue: :imptongue:
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=17626.msg70113#msg70113 date=1211167378]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=17626.msg70073#msg70073 date=1210984072]
[/quote]

blue finned troll alert!
[/quote]

:imptongue: :imptongue: :imptongue:
[/quote]

For your information I'm up to 14 listings and when they sell I plan on buying two vans down by the river AND going on a vacation to Bali. Fluck
Pages: 1 2