TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Apply to be a Virgle Pioneer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:For thousands of years,
the human race has spread out across the Earth, scaling mountains and plying the oceans, planting crops and building highways, raising skyscrapers and atmospheric CO2 levels, and observing, with tremendous and unflagging enthusiasm, the Biblical injunction to be fruitful and multiply across our world's every last nook, cranny and subdivision.
An invitation.
Earth has issues, and it's time humanity got started on a Plan B. So, starting in 2014, Virgin founder Richard Branson and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will be leading hundreds of users on one of the grandest adventures in human history: Project Virgle, the first permanent human colony on Mars.
The question is, do you want to join us?

Ever yearned to journey to the stars? You can learn how to become a Virgle Pioneer, test your Pioneering potential, or join the Mission Control community that will help develop the 100 Year Plan we've outlined here.

http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html
Quote:# If I was unexpectedly confronted with the emergence of a bewilderingly alien and frighteningly advanced Martian life form which appeared bent on killing me if I failed to quickly and effectively communicate my peaceful intentions and potential value to its civilization, I would
1. Die
2. Whip out my handy universal transcorder and start schmoozing my ass off.
3. Well, given that there's no such thing as a transcorder that works for a Martian language that we haven't even heard yet, I guess I'd just do my best to seem non-threatening while communicating my peaceful intentions with subtly universal hand gestures.
4. Run straight toward the Martian while screaming wildly and brandishing whatever weapon happens to be handy.

Happy001

So who did the hacked thing?? Whoever it was, I think you screwed TT the boink up---it's doing weird things, and it's slow again!! Laughing7
Torture by marquee tag :blinkie:
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=17637.msg68846#msg68846 date=1207075581]
Torture by marquee tag :blinkie:
[/quote]

I think we're the first site to ever use the marquee tag to scroll multiple tables.  ;D
Quote:So who did the hacked thing?? Whoever itTHE ASSHAT was DESERVES TO DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!  Violent1 Violent1  Violent5 Violent5
Quote:Whoever itTHE ASSHAT was DESERVES TO DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!  violent1 violent1  violent5 violent5

DITTO!    Thefinger

TG, the boinking marquee tags have abandoned the site.  Tard
Next year we'll use the blink tag instead.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=17637.msg68866#msg68866 date=1207155692]
Next year we'll use the blink tag instead.  Smile
[/quote]

Violent1  Violent5
Is it too late to post a link to an April Fool's Day prank?  Big Grin

Quote:Introducing AdSense for conversations

We're happy to announce the launch of AdSense for conversations, a new type of monetization solution that "puts the 'context' in contextual advertising". Now, in just a few simple steps, you can begin displaying ads that are relevant to the topics you're discussing -- in an unobtrusive screen above your head.

Anyone taking part in the conversation can hit the ad with their hand to immediately take advantage of the product or service being offered. With our new Teleportation Technology™, you'll be transported directly to the site where the service is available, or have the product appear instantaneously in your hands.

full article: http://adsense.blogspot.com/2008/04/intr...tions.html
Quote:What if I'm stretching and I hit an ad accidentally?

We understand accidents may happen, and appreciate your concern. However, we recommend that publishers refrain from having conversations during yoga classes to prevent these types of accidental hits.

Happy001