TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Vintage Scarf - Please Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have just started building my site and would appreciate any and all comments.

Thank You!

www.thevintagescarf.com
For starters I'd put  product photos and links to your store categories on the top half of your home page so that people know you have a store on the site.  A lot of people will miss the store link you have on the left side menu.  I'd also reduce the amount of text you have on your home page or move it to an about us page.
[quote author=amy link=topic=17660.msg68929#msg68929 date=1207627991]
For starters I'd put  product photos and links to your store categories on the top half of your home page so that people know you have a store on the site.  A lot of people will miss the store link you have on the left side menu.  I'd also reduce the amount of text you have on your home page or move it to an about us page.
[/quote]

Hi Vintage.  Smile

I agree with Amy. If ecommerce is your focus, your products should be your front page. Also, visitors to your site are not going to read all that. If they are interested, most people know to look for an "About Us" page.
Quote:I'd also reduce the amount of text you have on your home page or move it to an about us page.

blog it
[quote author=The Vintage Scarf link=topic=17660.msg68928#msg68928 date=1207607671]
Hi

I have just started building my site and would appreciate any and all comments.

Thank You!

www.thevintagescarf.com
[/quote]

I remember when you announced your site over at PSU - in August of 2007. Seen you around a couple forums, using the same technique...you outta' consider writing a business plan. This "new store" sh!t is already old.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtop...ht=#120967

Remind me to NOT post my store until I am completely finished with it...which may be in the next 100 or so years!!! Laughing4 Laughing4
Quote:I remember when you announced your site over at PSU - in August of 2007. Seen you around a couple forums, using the same technique...you outta' consider writing a business plan. This "new store" sh!t is already old.

Maybe she is opening another store? In any case, she did no harm here. If she is simply spamming, well, also not that big a thing considering her method.
Removing the flying butterflies will boost conversions immediately