TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Spite, Attacks, and Marketing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Over the past few weeks, I've seen multiple instances of companies using spite and or attacks to try and push themselves ahead of their competitors. I imagine in their minds, painting the competition in a poor light makes their own products and services look that much better. Unfortunately for them, they've missed a key lesson in both life and marketing. If you have to make someone else look bad in order to make yourself look or feel good, you've got a long way to go.

Now I'll be the first to admit I'm a fan of responding to competitor failures. I think a well timed piece of PR can do an excellent job of showing your company in a positive light when a competitor has fallen on their face. In fact, offering a positive alternative when folks are upset with one company tends to be a great way to launch a positive viral campaign. That said, there's a big difference between portraying yourself as a positive alternative and kicking someone in the ribs when they're already on the ground...

full article: http://www.searchengineguide.com/jennife...rategy.php
Quote:Over the past few weeks, I've seen multiple instances of companies using spite and or attacks to try and push themselves ahead of their competitors. I imagine in their minds, painting the competition in a poor light makes their own products and services look that much better. Unfortunately for them, they've missed a key lesson in both life and marketing. If you have to make someone else look bad in order to make yourself look or feel good, you've got a long way to go.

Can ya guess who I'm thinking of?

Laughing7