TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Art or Animal Abuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a fellow blogger:  (Warning: animal lovers are going to be very distraught by the situation depicted in this post)

Quote:Dog Abuse? or Art Simply For The Sake Of Art?

Todays post isn't about polymer clay or any of the artists/artisans I usually talk about. I choose to put up a post about this situation as it does, somewhat, apply to "Art" in general and for the simple fact that I'm a dog lover. While you read this, please keep in mind I did do my research on the case but that the facts surrounding this so-called "Installation Piece" still remain somewhat murky and no one seems to know whether or not the dog died as a result. My whole point here is, even if the dog didn't die, why use a dog, or any animal for that matter, to express yourself.  For those of you that are saying that this is old news, c'mon......does it really matter?

This story made me see red, RED, red! Angryfire

Continue reading here.
Quote:The point is that the dog is|was a living creature, with at least the intellectual capacity of a 3 year old human being, and his torture by starvation was intentional, very wrong, and NOT art!
What was done was not art in any sense of the term, and the "artist" needs psychiatric assistance.

psychiatric assistance -NO
the same thing done to him -YES