TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Australia Announces Plans to Harass Sellers with 3rd Party Debt Collectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Debt Recovery Process*** 

01 November 2005 | 11:46AM EST

eBay have contracted a global third party collection service and will soon begin calling those sellers with a debt more than 60 days in arrears.

This program forms part of a global debt recovery program and will continue over coming months.

If you do not have a valid credit card on file or are not signed up for Direct Debit, eBay needs to receive your payment by the next invoice date for your account to stay current. To add your credit card or bank details for automatic payments, click here.

If you would like to make a one-time payment on your account, you can do so here.

Regards,
The eBay Team

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/200511.shtml
Is this the same eBay that can take months to issue a credit when it overbills sellers' accounts?  :Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1089.msg4216#msg4216 date=1130997233]
Is this the same eBay that can take months to issue a credit when it overbills sellers' accounts?  :Smile
[/quote]

But of course it is.

I've done a bit of some hit and miss research. I went around the globe to ebays
Community Boards (OK at least the one's in English).
Amazingly the same old carp that we see here in the US is there too.

Very unhappy campers all over ebays wonderful Global "Community".

Our brothers and sisters down under don't seem to be very happy with feebay AU.

As you can see as many must NOT be paying their fees.

Can't say as I blame them either can you? :Smile
I wonder how many don't have the money to pay because of a net loss with the combination of low margins and high fees?
[quote author=catholicemporium link=topic=1089.msg5422#msg5422 date=1133349666]
I wonder how many don't have the money to pay because of a net loss with the combination of low margins and high fees?
[/quote]

Probably quite a few.  Sad
I know the  Smileykoolaid drinking cheerleaders at ebay would say that "the feebay boards are just a few people and does not reflect an overall consensus".

But to me the boards and other forums are a GOOD gauge to
see an overall consensus and picture of what is really going on with the bay.

I mean look at the polls we see on any given day put out by the main stream media.
They ask say 100 people some questions and then say that is the gauge of the overall populations
consensus or take on any given subject or issue.

So look at ebay / PP and all the thousands that have voiced their
discontent over the last couple of years for various reasons.

I would say that the ebay boards and other forums are a GOOD gauge
and do reflect the overall consensus.
It paints the entire picture crystal clear at least to me.

Especially when you see the same issues Globally voiced by others as well.

Long live queen Meg and her arrogant cohorts.  NOT  Thebirdman