TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Cancels Annual Kool-Aid Drinking Festival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: ***A Message from Lorrie Norrington – eBay Live! Update*** 

Since taking on the role of President, eBay Marketplace Operations in January of this year, I’ve had an opportunity to meet and talk with thousands of community members in places like New Orleans, Washington DC, San Jose and elsewhere. I am looking forward to meeting many more of you in Chicago at eBay Live! June 19-21, 2008.

To date, 2008 has been an exciting year full of significant changes for eBay and accordingly for many of you, our customers. In the keynote address at eBay Live! this year, myself and John Donahoe, our CEO, will be speaking very directly about the future of eBay.

Besides the speeches, eBay Live! always offers the opportunity to meet with thousands of your peers, talk with solutions providers, mingle with eBay staff and learn from our hands-on tutorials and seminars. And while 2008 is not the last eBay Live!, it is the last one for a while.

In 2009 we are focusing our energy on smaller venues to facilitate more face-to-face interactions with our customers and community. While I can’t yet name all of the places we’ll be visiting in 2009, I can say that we intend to spend more quality time with more of you in 2009 than we have in recent memory. So while eBay Live! will not be held in 2009, we will be back with eBay Live! on August 12-14, 2010 in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center.

In the meantime, we’re eager to see you this year in Chicago...

full article: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200805.shtm...5-05093457

The CEO is going to speak "very directly about the future of eBay" ???

Whatta ya think? I bet whatever they say, it is going to cost me more money.
Quote:I bet whatever they say, it is going to cost me more money.

Probably.  The rumored category price cuts they're planning are all in commodity type categories-i.e. the ones where Buy.com is currently receiving lower pricing.