TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Storeowner's journey from Miva Merchant to osCommerce to Storesprite to Magento
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:“What really attracted me to Magento initially was that its default store was the best looking of any software I’ve seen. Other things that attracted me were built-in integration with Google Analytics and real-time shipping modules for UPS, UPS XML, FedEx, USPS and DHL, one page checkout, the ability to handle multiple product images with a zoom slider function, abandoned shopping cart reports, RSS feeds for new tags, importing products through XML or CSV files, the ability to handle shipping to multiple addresses in one order and the host of search engine optimization options built into the software.”

“But as much as I love Magento, it’s not perfect. Some of the functions of Magento seemed to be designed by developers for developers, meaning everything is not as intuitive as it could be. Also, because it’s new the community is not yet as active as, say, with osCommerce, where questions get answered almost immediately. I also think the documentation could also use a major overhaul.”

“I chose each cart I’ve used by different criteria. Miva Merchant was chosen because I was already familiar with the scripting system and the community behind it. osCommerce was chosen because of the very active user community and the many extensions available for it. I utilized storesprite because it was the easiest to get up and running and to customize. I chose Magento because there’s nothing out there quite like it.”...

“I’ve learned that you should choose your cart based on how you see your business growing...

full article: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articl...The-Charm/