TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Group Charges Google With Violating California Online Privacy Protection Act
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A coalition of 14 privacy and consumer organizations have charged that Google is violating California law by failing to post a prominent link on its home page to its privacy policy. "Google's reluctance to post a link to its privacy policy on its homepage is alarming," wrote the groups in a letter to Google CEO Eric Schmidt dated Tuesday. "We urge you to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act and the widespread practice for commercial Web sites as soon as possible." ...
Quote:"I generally advise my clients to make their privacy policies as conspicuous as possible, because there are a lot of requirements under the law for how you're supposed to protect individuals' data usage," Sean Kane, an attorney with Drakeford & Kane LLC, told the E-Commerce Times.

"As a Web site owner, you want to be as clear as possible -- both in the U.S. and even more so in the EU -- as to how you're going to be handling user information," Kane added. "I always say a link should be on the bottom of every page. This should be something that's easy to find."...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/Google-C...63272.html