TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: WinBuyer: new service lets etailers display competing price info on their pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:WinBuyer puts comparison shopping and competition on retailers` own pages...

When a shopper is considering a product on a product detail page on a retailer’s site, WinBuyer’s Commerce Information Extraction technology also displays pricing information from competitors selling the same product on that same product detail page. The retailer can choose the configuration of how the information about competing sellers is presented; for instance, listing its own store first in the comparison listing when it has the lowest price, and including store ratings information for itself and its competitors.

Essentially, it brings the price comparison ability consumers would find by going to a comparison shopping site to the retailer’s site, allowing them to have some control over how competitors’ pricing information is presented, and allowing them to collect lead-based revenue averaging about 50 cents per click if the shopper decides to click through to a competitor...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=26752
Quote:WinBuyer puts comparison shopping and competition on retailers` own pages...

Why the boink would I want comparison shopping and competition on my own store pages?
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=17984.msg70734#msg70734 date=1213373678]

Why the boink would I want comparison shopping and competition on my own store pages?
[/quote]

1. You've recently had a lobotomy
2. You're secretly employed by the competitor
3. You just drank a bottle of Tequila for breakfast and ate the worm.
4. You're stupid.
5. You're planning on having a going out of business sale next month