TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Shopping Carts And Search Engines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: A common mistake ecommerce sites make, Stebbins says, is starting product page titles with the site name. “I made that mistake, and started mine with ‘BrainWaves Educational Toys, Mechanical Toys, Mechanical Flash Light, Super Dynamo.’ What I learned is that it is better to put the key words most relevant to the page first: ‘Super Dynamo, Mechanical Flash Light, Mechanical Toys, Brainwaves Educational Toys.’ Many shopping cart tools give you the option to choose one or the other. The last one will get you higher on natural search.”

Meanwhile, a number of carts offer what’s known as “automatic URL rewriting.” This feature “turns long, dynamic page addresses into static, keyword-filled search-engine-friendly addresses to boost your product pages in the rankings,” reports the website for shopping cart AmeriCommerce. “Most other shopping carts use query string parameters to display every product through one page, such as /Product.aspx?ProductID=2, which can severely limit your SEO rankings. Carts such as AmeriCommerce automatically generates SEO friendly URLs that include relevant keyword text, such as /2-ActualProductName.aspx.”...

full article: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articl...h-Engines/