TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay gets one right - Three star ratings now needed for "raised" placement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of all the issues of the new feedback / search system, one looked potentially fatal to me: the requirement that a seller have at least ten DSR ratings in each 30 day period - get less than 10 ratings (meaning at least 10 different sales, probably many more) and you had no possibility of "raised" placement in search. With my cat full of large  (Chinese) sellers my listings get totally lost if they have "standard" search placement.

And it happened - I have not sold a single jewelry item on eBay for the last six weeks.

One of the new "live" announcements, (lost in the haze, it seems) is that that number will be reduced to three. So I can run one or two loss-leader auctions per week and probably get in - if someone doesn't jack my ratings, anyway.

But it is an improvement. I criticize eBay a lot, so I gotta give them props when they fix something.

eBay_flak_-_June _FAQ Wrote:11.  Originally, listings may have received more exposure in search and browse if the seller had at least 10 detailed seller ratings (DSRs) in the past 30 days with 4.7 and above in all four ratings: shipping time, shipping cost, communication and item description. That requirement has been lowered to 3 DSRs within the past 30 days with 4.7 and above in all four ratings.
Quote:I gotta give them props when they fix something.

They're planning on breaking it (search) again.