TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay, PayPal, Liquidity Services, amd Counterfeits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Why does PayPal ask buyers to send counterfeit merchandise purchased on eBay to a warehouse in Texas belonging to a liquidator? That's the question some eBay members are asking, and some are questioning whether PayPal is directing the liquidator to resell counterfeit items rather than destroying them.

"The Purse Forum," an online discussion board calling itself a "community for handbag lovers and shoulder fashion fetishists," has an active discussion in which users speculate Liquidity Services is reselling counterfeits on their site on PayPal's behalf. The person who started the thread about PayPal's request for her to send a fake Chanel handbag (in its original condition) to Liquidity Service's address in Texas later wrote to say she had filed a complaint with the FBI over the matter...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y08/m07/i02/s01

more:

Quote:PayPal's decision to use one company to both destroy counterfeits and to resell SNAD items involved in claims, and its instructions to buyers to send counterfeit items in their original condition to the liquidator, seemed to raise red flags for some buyers and fueled speculation on discussion boards. However, I could find noone who offered proof of any actual wrong-doing...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y08/m07/i02/s01
Great journalism!  If I send Auctionbytes a rumor about the eBay/LGM* Mafia connection do you think they'll print it too? :twistedevil:

*LGM-little green men (i.e. Martians)
Confusedarcasm1:
[quote author=regic link=topic=18068.msg71055#msg71055 date=1215015640]
Great journalism!  If I send Auctionbytes a rumor about the eBay/LGM* Mafia connection do you think they'll print it too? :twistedevil:

*LGM-little green men (i.e. Martians)
Confusedarcasm1:
[/quote]

eBay is in bed with the Martian Mafia???  :o