TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Changes to eBay's User Agreement and Privacy Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Updates to the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy***

Hi everyone...I'm Scott Shipman with eBay's Legal team. We've updated the eBay User Agreement and eBay Privacy Policy, which go into effect immediately for new members registering on or after today, and on August 13, 2008, for current members. You'll also receive an email in your My Messages shortly explaining the updates.
Most of these updates are minor, and your rights and our responsibilities have changed very little. The changes are part of a worldwide effort make the user agreements and privacy policies for eBay platforms around the world much more consistent. This way, when you use any eBay platform, you can be sure that very similar policies apply to you.

There are a couple of substantive changes to our User Agreement I'd like to point out. First, we've changed the "Content" and "Liability" sections to accommodate a new program we're rolling out worldwide. That program makes catalogs of content and product descriptions available to sellers, so they can easily include complete and up-to-date product information for the items they list (similar to the Pre-Filled Item Information feature that we offer on eBay.com).

Similarly, we've revised the Privacy Policy's "Disclosure" section to make sure that the language used there accurately reflects the ways in which we're transferring information between companies in the eBay Inc. corporate family to streamline services, fight fraud and provide you with the best, most relevant experience when you use any of our sites or services.

With these changes, we continue to make sure that our legal documents are consistent with the ways our sites and services are evolving and that we meet the needs of our Community. We hope you'll agree that these changes will make the eBay sites and services work better for you. If you accept the new User Agreement and Privacy Policy, you don't need to take any action. If you do not wish to accept the new User Agreement or Privacy Policy, please refer to this Help page for instructions...

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200806301335282.html