TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Lawyer Sues Google For Showing His AdWords Ads on Parked Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Google on Friday was sued for fraud, business code violations, and unjust enrichment, claims arising from the company's alleged sale of low-quality ads.

In the parlance of online marketing, "low-quality ads" refers not to shrill infomercials but to ads that generate a poor response or show a poor conversion rate due to problems with placement, audience targeting, or related factors.

The class-action lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., by lawyers from San Francisco-based Schubert Jonckheer Kolbe & Kralowec. The plaintiff is attorney Hal K. Levitte, who advertised his legal services though a Google AdWords pay-per-click campaign last year...

full article: http://www.informationweek.com/news/inte...=209100234
UGH - I don't blame them.  Parked domains are a scourge of the internet and should die, die, die!

Protest
It actually takes longer for a browser to return a "page not found" message than it does to return a parked page. Try it.

I wonder how he plans to prove the ads were of lesser quality? Parking advocates claim that their ads convert better than search engine placed ads because those who type in a domain are more motivated to buy.
The conversion rates, and clickthrough rates, on parked pages couldn't be any worse than they are for ads shown on forums.  TT has a 0.02% click through rate on 3.8 million ad impressions over the past 3 years.

edit: for the curious, this forum has averaged about $12 monthly from ad revenues since it launched.
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/show...hp?t=19996

Quote:I've used the Content Network for many years, and it performs well, with Parked Domains being one of the best performing segments.
Quote:For me conversion rate looks like this (from best to worst)...

Google paid search
Google network paid search
Content network error page ads
Content network parked domains
Content network (general) <<