TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: TimeOut switches to Magento
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TimeOut has switched to Magento

http://www.timeout.com/shop/

TimeOut traffic stats:

Compete 350,168 monthly US uniques
Quantcast 525,749 monthly US uniques
Alexa rank 5,018

2/3 of TimeOut's traffic is non-US - the total number of global monthly unique visitors is over 1 million.

ZenCart and osCommerce sites couldn't handle that amount of traffic due to the two carts' lack of scalability and sloppy coding.  Magento can handle it.
How difficult is it to switch?  I had to go with osCommerce because my host lacks the necessary PDO_MySQL extention to run Magento.  I'd consider switching if the server is upgraded in the future.
There is an osCommerce import script for Magento.  It still has some bugs though.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=18171.msg71539#msg71539 date=1216932179]
There is an osCommerce import script for Magento.  It still has some bugs though.
[/quote]

Good to know.  So theoretically, if I had another domain name and another hosting account, could my site be 'duplicated' and set up on Magento?  I could have two similar sites on different scripts and play with both??
[quote author=PowerSeller link=topic=18171.msg71540#msg71540 date=1216934441]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=18171.msg71539#msg71539 date=1216932179]
[/quote]

Good to know.  So theoretically, if I had another domain name and another hosting account, could my site be 'duplicated' and set up on Magento?  I could have two similar sites on different scripts and play with both??
[/quote]

It could be duplicated on Magento.