TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Wants to Be Amazon Dept: eBay Changes Media Category Condition Values
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay's new condition values for the media categories look amazingly like the condition values Amazon has used for years.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Quote:The following changes to Item Specifics will be introduced in the near future:

Area Details Timing
Women's Sleepwear Adding Robes to Type. July

Consumer Electronics: Satellite Radio Updating Brands, removing Service Provider and Product Line. Adding ability to prefill from catalog. August

Jewelry & Watches Adding "Used" to Condition. August

Jewelry & Watches Adding eBay Item Specifics to new Fine Bracelets, Fine Earrings, Fine Necklaces & Pendants and Fine Right Hand Rings categories. Item Specifics will cover Style, Main Stone, Main Stone Color, Main Stone Treatment, Carat Total Weight, Metal with Metal Purity (e.g. Gold-Rose, 14k) and Ring Size. August

DVD & Movies: DVD Updating Format, Genre, Sub-Genre and Region. Expanding Display Format into Edition to include Director's Cut and Boxed Set. Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

DVD & Movies: VHS, VHS Non-US (PAL) Updating Genre and Sub-Genre. Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

DVD & Movies: UMD Updating Genre and removing Sub-Genre. Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

DVD & Movies: Other Formats Updating Genre. Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Cookbooks, Children's Books, Textbooks, Audiobooks Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

Music: CDs, Cassettes Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August

Video Games: Games Changing Condition values from New & Used to media conditions Brand New, Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable. August 

info page: http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/itemspecs.html
announcement: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200807241523582.html
Boy, that should make the Jay and Marie's of eBay happy. Now they have to edit all the hundreds of thousands of DVD's and CD's they have saved for re-upload.
EDITED:
Amazing. I typed in jay and marie as one word originally, and it was changed to jayandmarie!
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18177.msg71567#msg71567 date=1217012829]
Amazing. I typed in jay and marie as one word originally, and it was changed to Pompous Jay the PeSA Cowboy!
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[/quote]

I'd forgotten about that word filter. Laughing7 Seeing it brings back memories of a battle the Pompous One and I had a few years ago at OTWA that ended with him manifestoing from OTWA.  Happy001
[quote author=amy link=topic=18177.msg71577#msg71577 date=1217052877]

I'd forgotten about that word filter. Laughing7 Seeing it brings back memories of a battle the Pompous One and I had a few years ago at OTWA that ended with him manifestoing from OTWA.  Happy001
[/quote]

Ahhhhh... the good ol' days!

Laughing7