TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Busting the Myths about SaaS (Software As A Service)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The biggest bucket of myths I hope to bust centers on a technology that many business owners are hearing a lot about these days. It's known as "Software as a Service" (SaaS), or the idea that you can get your software delivered conveniently, and at a low price, via the Web. Unlike buying software the old-fashioned way, by paying a big licensing fee up front, you pay for SaaS -- also referred to as "on-demand software" -- in pieces, spread out over time.

But as with most IT innovation, there's a lot of hype surrounding this technology -- so much so that many of us don't know what to believe. Is this a viable thing? Should we be using this stuff? Don't worry, folks. I've done some research into this SaaS thing. Let me debunk a few myths.

Myth 1: SaaS Is Cheaper

No, it's not. In fact, it can be a lot more expensive. Most service providers charge each user by the month. If you've got 10 people using a product, and they're costing you 50 bucks a person each a month, that's $6,000 a year...

full article: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/Bewa...63926.html