TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: X-Cart hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Can I ask if anybody had any experience with X-Cart hosting (http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html) which has been introduced by the compant few months ago (if I'm not mistaken)?

The thimg is that as a developer I'm also hosting some of my clients' stores. I've actually been very happy with X-Cart as a platform and considering moving to their new host and also hosting new stores there (their conditions seem very reasonable).

What was your experience (if any)? Should I go ahead with them or still stay with other hosting companies they recommend?
The price is the main problem - in order to use an SSL certificate you'd need to subscribe to at least the $89.95 monthly Enterprise plan.

You could get an entry level dedicated server for the amount they're charging for shared hosting.

If you're a developer and hosting your own clients' sites you might want to think about a dedicated server - I recommend Cari.net, CalPop, and Limestone Networks for unmanaged dedicated servers..  If you have a dedicated server you could optimize the server for X-cart or any other application you plan to use and save yourself some money.
Thanks a lot for your comment! Well, I can agree with you, that is why I'm thinking before making a decision Wink.

Still, for me it seems quite reasonable to have a support, security patches and server-side problems resolution included and handled for you.

Besides, basing on numbers it doesn't seem like they oversell resources which is an often case with many other hosting companies. What is why I'm actually interested in their proposal Wink.

Dedicated server is good, but the administration work might also occupy a significant amount of time. And optimization might be a complex task itself. To be honest, I'd actually prefer to use such service as a ready-made solution.

Still, I'll surely take a look at your proposal as well.