TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Are Tag Clouds Dead?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I loved tag clouds from the moment I saw them, and I still do. Two years ago, they roamed the social web like buffalo on the pre-Columbian plains of North America... huge, thundering herds of keywords of all shades and sizes. And you'll see them to this day on many of their earliest adopters - from Delicious.com (makeover and all) to 43 Things.

These days, though, I'm noticing that on more and more sites the tag clouds have evaporated. I'm not saying they're dead (okay, granted, that's exactly what the cartoon's saying, but that's why they issue artistic licenses), but they're getting scarcer...

full article and comments: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/tag_clouds_rip.php
I love tag clouds. I don't care if they're dead, I'll still use them. I hate categories. Tongue
They've multiplied on my stores.  I use 3 different tag clouds on my home pages, a tag cloud on the product pages, category pages, etc

Tag Clouds are good for internal linking (SEO) and on ecommerce sites they can be used to highlight bestsellers, manufacturers, categories, etc.