TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google AdWords: Quality Scores, Ad Position, and Minimum Bids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:This week, we are going to take a much more granular, advanced look at Quality Score. First up? Formulas, of course! Google maintains 4 distinct Quality Score formulas for determining the following: Minimum Bids, Ad Position on Search, Keyword-Targeted Ads on Content and Placement-Targeted Ads on Content. Without further ado, let me walk you through the QS formulas for minimum bids and ad position on Search and I’ll give helpful management tips for each along the way.

Quality Score Formula #1: How does Google calculate minimum bids?

As a quick reminder, what is a minimum bid? Google assigns every keyword in your account a minimum bid, literally the lowest amount you can bid for that keyword. Minimum bids are really the crux of the Quality Score universe. High minimum bids punish irrelevant advertisers and reward those that are super-relevant. But how does Google calculate this minimum bid? Here are the 6 factors you need to know about minimum bids:...

full article: http://www.ppchero.com/what-makes-google...-position/
A related article:

Quote:There are two important elements of your account that are actually quite fragile when it comes to your Quality Score: keywords and ad texts. First, lets discuss how to make common keyword changes without negatively your Quality Score.

The PPC Hero Team is all about optimizing ad groups for higher relevancy and increased click-through rates. In order to do this you will need to re-arrange your keywords into to tight-knit ad groups and this will mean moving your keywords. Moving your keywords can effect your AdWords Quality Score, and here is how Google can view these changes:

* A keyword’s Quality Score is influenced by its relevance to the ads in its ad group. If you move a keyword to an ad group with more relevant ads, therefore, its Quality Score may improve. Similarly, the Quality Score may decrease if the ads are less relevant...

full article: http://www.ppchero.com/avoid-the-adwords...ity-score/
Thanks for that. I've been lookiing for info like that for ages.
Anyhting like that, please post as well.