TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why Blogs Need To Be Social
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Earlier this week, San Francisco-based web publishing software company Six Apart released the newest version of its flagship product, Moveable Type, and pushed the blogging community into taking the first step toward a very social future.

It is not a new concept — since their early days blogs were all about sociability. Late last year, we backed Chris Messina’s wild idea that WordPress, the open-source blogging software that we use to power majority of our network blogs, could be become the underpinning for a social network. In January, Automattic, the company behind WordPress and the free hosted blogging service WordPress.com, bought BuddyPress to help bring sociability to blogs...

full article: http://gigaom.com/2008/08/14/why-blogs-n...be-social/
I love what Six Apart has done with Movable Type Pro. It is an unbelievably great CMS for everyone, certainly not just bloggers.

I am thinking about moving two of my blogs to the MTPro platform in order to take advantage of  some of the new features, such as a forum, a shop, etc..