TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Rinky Dink BiddersNSellers Pulls the Plug On Short Notice Leaving 2 or 3 Sellers Stranded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Sites with unsecure registration, login, and user account pages
BiddersNSellers.com **SSL Expired 1/29/08

Bye bye!  Smileyviolin

BiddersNSellers Wrote:Important Notice
Due to unseen circumstances biddersnsellers will close as an auction venue. We are sorry for the short notice but we did all we could to avoid this. Thank you for your support and I would like to wish everyone Good Luck with everything. All Automated Credit Card Payments have been cancelled. The database will be destroyed and your information will NOT be sold or traded.

http://209.85.215.104/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=cache:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biddersnsellers.com%2F

BiddersNSellers Home Page Wrote:Index of /

Icon  Name                    Last modified      Size  Description[DIR] cgi-bin/                18-Aug-2008 19:21    -  
[DIR] phpwiki/                01-Jul-2007 06:11    -  

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at www.biddersnsellers.com Port 80

EDIT: Hey Boinkwadmod, split this post into a separate topic!!!
Quote:Sites with unsecure registration, login, and user account pages
BiddersNSellers.com **SSL Expired 1/29/08
Quote:All Automated Credit Card Payments have been cancelled.

"automated credit card payments" and unsecure user account pages. :blinkie:
"automated credit card payments" , hidden WHOIS info, and no contact info on the website :blinkie: :blinkie:

The owner's failure to provide any contact information on the BiddersNSellers website was in clear violation of Visa and MasterCard rules which require "business contact information including business address (city, state, country), phone number. (see this thread http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg67217)

Quote:your information will NOT be sold or traded.

That's assuming the information wasn't previously compromised by info trading hackers due to the site's lack of security.

Quote:The database will be destroyed

Destroying the database and all user transaction data (i.e. site fees paid by credit card) would put the owner in violation of Visa and Mastercard regulations which require merchants to keep copies of all transaction receipts for a minimum of 18 months.
Quote:Destroying the database and all user transaction data (i.e. site fees paid by credit card) would put the owner in violation of Visa and Mastercard regulations which require merchants to keep copies of all transaction receipts for a minimum of 18 months.

Those rules are for the merchant's protection in case of a chargeback.  If the idiot owner really destroyed "all user data" she'll lose any chargeback case that's filed.
Quote:Leaving 2 or 3 Sellers Stranded

Laughing7
[quote author=regic link=topic=18317.msg71979#msg71979 date=1219157006]
Quote:Destroying the database and all user transaction data (i.e. site fees paid by credit card) would put the owner in violation of Visa and Mastercard regulations which require merchants to keep copies of all transaction receipts for a minimum of 18 months.

Those rules are for the merchant's protection in case of a chargeback.  If the idiot owner really destroyed "all user data" she'll lose any chargeback case that's filed.
[/quote]

You really would have to be a total idiot to destroy the database. The IRS wouldn't be too happy about that either, and neither will the owner be if they get audited.  :Smile
As usual everyone gets it wrong... The database destroyed is the auction database. Most other sites have violated privacy rules. We did not. As for credit card info. We still have this info available, we used a reseller service to process our credit card payments via a secure site. No CC info was collected or kept at our site. As far as Monies collected and paid we have full records. It was not an easy choice to pull the plug but after reading this thread it makes me realize that I made the right choice. Good Day.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-19...tml#198421

This might be more useful than the auction site, if that's possible.
biddersnsellers Wrote:I wanted to leave this thread alone for a while to allow people to vent and cool down.

I closed biddersnsellers Auction down for several reasons. Here are a few.

I was receiving over a thousand emails an hour via somebody abusing our email address with a script. The script is designed to waste our time and slowly close our email address down across the web.

Several sellers abused our site and created huge problems with buyers not receiving expensive goods.

I personally feel the industry is too abusive to build a great alternative and competition will do what ever it takes to slow down any success.

I am sorry to all that believed in me. It was a tough choice but it had to be done.

I spent far too much money on biddersnsellers to watch trolls destroy it. There are many great people in the world. I am glad to have met the good ones. I hope everyone understands that biddersnsellers needs to RIP.

I will convert biddersnsellers into a wiki site that can be used by everyone as an information tool.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-19...tml#198387

Spam is something that every online business has to deal with on a daily basis.  Fraud and competition are also daily facts of life for every online and offline retail business.

'Trolls' are an excuse used exclusively by boinktards like Ray Romeo and BiddersNSellers who are unwilling to admit that the reason their sites failed was due to their own incompetence. Smile
Quote:'Trolls' are an excuse used exclusively by boinktards like Ray Romeo and BiddersNSellers who are unwilling to admit that the reason their sites failed was due to their own incompetence.

My Monday morning research indicates that, yes Virginia, "trolls" really is an excuse used exclusively by boinktards.   Confusedtolensmiley:

(number of times word appears in articles, posts, etc)

Troll/Trolls:
Internet Retailer: 0/0
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0/0
PSU: 265/325

Jealous/Jealousy:
Internet Retailer 0/0
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0/0
PSU: 111/22

"eBay alternative":
Internet Retailer: 5
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0
PSU: 6,110

"new auction site"
Internet Retailer: 4
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0
PSU: 1,730

The fact that "trolls", "eBay alternatives", and "new auction sites" are rarely, if ever, mentioned in the ecommerce articles on IR and GE should should give you some valuable insight into where not to place your priorities if you want to build a successful ecommerce business...
Update:

biddersnsellers.com Wrote:biddersnsellers is nearly ready please take a look.

Please take a look at my site. Check out the prices of the stuff for sale. Tell me what you think and if any improvements need to be made. The site is getting advertised as of tomorrow.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-30...tml#306115
:Smile :Smile :Smile :Smile :Smile

Quote:Please take a look at my site

The "site" is an Amazon affiliate program A-store in a frame.  Whoo hoo!  :Smile

Quote:Check out the prices of the stuff for sale.

Wow, great prices! The prices are exactly the same as the prices in the other 500,000 Amazon A-stores and on the Amazon site. :Smile

Once a spammer, always a spammer.  Boinktard. :Smile