TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay quietly kills Expressmess (we predicted its demise before it opened)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hidden away in the FAQ pages for eBay's latest fee changes - the death of eBay Express.  Its closing didn't even warrant a separate announcement.

Quote:Other announcements
Closing eBay Express: The best features are now on eBay. We're continuing to bring the best features of eBay Express into eBay.com including more selection in Fixed Price merchandise, improved buyer protection from PayPal, and easier, more intuitive ways for buyers to find your relevant listings. So we're closing eBay Express and focusing our resources on improving and bringing buyers to eBay. See FAQs.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Upd...tBuyers/#3

The short closing FAQ:

Quote:Other announcements

Closing eBay Express: best features now on eBay

Why is eBay closing eBay Express?
The best features of eBay Express for buyers and sellers are now being added to eBay including unlimited Buyer Protection from PayPal and faster, easier shopping and checkout. See PayPal Buyer Protection eligibility.

What will happen to my eBay Fixed Price and/or Store Inventory listings, which currently appear on both eBay and eBay Express?
These listings will be removed from eBay Express but remain active on eBay.com.

Will I still be able to access information about my buyers (e.g. their address) after eBay Express is retired?
Yes. You can access information about your eBay Express sales over the last 60 days in My eBay. Go to the Sold section of My eBay, find the order you want to know more about, and use the drop-down arrow next to the order to see details.
http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Upd...dex.html#7

The failure of Express was predicted by TT members before eBay even opened the site. :imptongue:
They're still promoting eBay Express when PayPal limits your account access and you have to call and are placed on infinite hold.    Angryfire
Quote:The failure of Express was predicted by TT members before eBay even opened the site.

We're always right where eBay is concerned.  Big Grin

Do ya think they would be willing to pay us a consulting fee??  Laughing7
Quote:Hidden away in the FAQ pages for eBay's latest fee changes - the death of eBay Express. 

eBay doesn't like to admit its mistakes.  Happy001

How does eBay think it can compete with Amazon for fixed price buyers when all  of its fixed price efforts (Express, Half, Stores)  have been complete failures?

Quote:Do ya think they would be willing to pay us a consulting fee??

DB, Truth, and BBH are already being paid for their services as "paid feebay employees with an agenda" according to DRM.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Quote:when PayPal limits your account access and you have to call and are placed on infinite hold.

My current PayPal complaint is the PayPal Debit Card automated fraud checking phone calls  I get a few times per week that require you to verify your latest 5 transactions.  I'm always ready to throw the phone by the time I'm finished verifying my transactions.

Quote:Closing eBay Express

Boo hoo.

translation: who gives a boink
A Eulogy for eBay Express by ex-eBay Express team leader/ex-eBay employee Adam Nash
http://blog.adamnash.com/2008/08/20/a-eu...y-express/

Quote:eBay has decided against the premise of eBay Express. Our entire reason for building a separate site was because we believed that the changes needed for buyers and sellers in a massive fixed-price marketplace were not compatible with the experience of the traditional eBay auction site. As I used to tell buyers and sellers, we built eBay Express so that we would not have to change the auction experience that millions of buyers and sellers loved on eBay.com.

eBay has now decided that it needs to fold the convenience and trust we identified into the core platform itself. So there is no need for a separate site to preserve the original...
Quote:the experience of the traditional eBay auction site.

no comment.  ;D