TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: List of techniques being used by SEO consultants to scam clients out of money.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Think the days of unscrupulous SEO "experts" are gone? Think again. Here's a list of techniques being used to scam clients out of money...

This article explains how you can rip people off by merely pretending to provide SEO services for them. On the other hand, if you are somebody who purchases SEO services, please do not read this article, as it would mean you could no longer be ripped off by SEO sharpsters...

Rip-off #4: Offer meaningless guarantees
Nothing works to allay a prospect's fears or doubts better than a guarantee of success. The skill lies in offering something that will cost you nothing. My particular favorite is the "we'll do it again if we achieve nothing" guarantee. All you have to do is tell customers you will give them 12 months of free service if you do not achieve their goals by the end of the first year. Then, you do nothing for them all year except send them invoices and collect their money. At the end of the year, when they say they are unhappy, you say, "no problem, we'll give you another year for free." Then you do nothing for the client for second year. Sounds too easy to be true? I didn't make this idea up myself; I saw it being used by a very successful medium-sized SEO company.

Another guarantee that works well is to guarantee No. 1 placement in 75 percent or so of the world's major search engines...

full article: http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/...20231.html