TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Sale of Alaska's state jet on eBay revealed as a lie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Sarah Palin bolstered her reputation as a reformer – and got one of her biggest cheers in her Republican convention speech last week – when she said she had sold the governor's official jet on eBay as her first act on taking office in Alaska.

What she didn't say was that the aircraft had failed to sell over the internet and was eventually sold off at a loss...

In fact when it was listed on eBay it attracted only one serious bid, and that fell through. Dan Spencer, director of administrative services at Alaska's Public Safety Department, told reporters that John Harris, the speaker of the Alaska House, then brokered a sale to Larry Reynolds, a businessman who made campaign contributions to both Mrs Palin and Mr Harris.

Mr Reynolds paid only $2.1m for the aircraft, and now wants $50,000 from the Alaskan taxpayer to cover maintenance costs...

full article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...22493.html
She tells a lot of very large lies. Like the bridge to nowhere lie. God, that woman scares me, and I can't bloody freakin' stand her! Tongue2
I've decided to vote for Jonathon Sharkey.  I wonder if he's blue too?

Gen074
Quote:The Vampires, Witches, and Pagans Party was founded by Sharkey in 2005. It is officially recognized by the United States Federal Election Committee.[13]

The Party advocates protection of the religious beliefs and political advancment of individuals identifying themselves as vampires, witches, pagans, demons, Satanists, Wiccans, and those professing similar lifestyles and religious views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Sharkey

Big Grin Happy001
[quote author=mandy link=topic=18406.msg72339#msg72339 date=1220868073]
Quote:Sarah Palin bolstered her reputation as a reformer – and got one of her biggest cheers in her Republican convention speech last week – when she said she had sold the governor's official jet on eBay as her first act on taking office in Alaska.

What she didn't say was that the aircraft had failed to sell over the internet and was eventually sold off at a loss...

In fact when it was listed on eBay it attracted only one serious bid, and that fell through. Dan Spencer, director of administrative services at Alaska's Public Safety Department, told reporters that John Harris, the speaker of the Alaska House, then brokered a sale to Larry Reynolds, a businessman who made campaign contributions to both Mrs Palin and Mr Harris.

Mr Reynolds paid only $2.1m for the aircraft, and now wants $50,000 from the Alaskan taxpayer to cover maintenance costs...

[/quote]

This is incorrect...
She didn't say she sold it on eBay, she said "I put it on eBay."
Then, the big deal about the sale price being at a loss... When you factor in maintenance, fuel costs, and pilot salaries, it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years that saves money. Saving money sometimes means losing money first.
Just my opinions though... I don't like her much either, but she's better than some of the other potential VP candidates were.
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18406.msg72381#msg72381 date=1221088321]
[quote author=mandy link=topic=18406.msg72339#msg72339 date=1220868073]

She inferred that it sold on ebay, and McCain has been claiming that it did sell on ebay, and at a profit.

Furthermore, she is not qualified to run a town (look at her record in Wasilla......she is in no way a good manager), much less even a small state, and the thought of her as the VP or President is downright terrifying. Period. Do the research. I did.

[/quote]

This is incorrect...
She didn't say she sold it on eBay, she said "I put it on eBay."
Then, the big deal about the sale price being at a loss... When you factor in maintenance, fuel costs, and pilot salaries, it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years that saves money. Saving money sometimes means losing money first.
Just my opinions though... I don't like her much either, but she's better than some of the other potential VP candidates were.
[/quote]

She inferred that it sold on ebay, and McCain has been claiming that it did sell on ebay, and at a profit.

Furthermore, she is not qualified to run a town (look at her record in Wasilla......she is in no way a good manager), much less even a small state, and the thought of her as the VP or President is downright terrifying.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18406.msg72377#msg72377 date=1221064686]
I've decided to vote for Jonathon Sharkey.  I wonder if he's blue too?

[/quote]

Barbarians for Sarah Palin (Original unretouched photo)
[Image: SarahPalinBarbarians.jpg]

Source: http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=18406.msg72402#msg72402 date=1221191104]

Furthermore, she is not qualified to run a town (look at her record in Wasilla......she is in no way a good manager), much less even a small state, and the thought of her as the VP or President is downright terrifying.
[/quote]

That's true, she never said it didn't sell on eBay... And as much as I don't trust Obama (I voted HillarySmile) this is a lesser of 2 evils election for me. I don't want to vote for him, but what's the alternative?
But come on, after 8 years of Bush/Cheney, would we expect the FULL truth from anyone?  Lol
Palin plans to sell the White House on eBay  :blinkie:

Quote:When asked if he approved of the idea, McCain responded, "That pretty little MILF can do whatever she wants as long as she gets me some votes." When reminded that he was being recorded, McCain recanted his statement and began singing the National Anthem.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?h...e=s2i40632
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=18406.msg72459#msg72459 date=1221522966]
Palin plans to sell the White House on eBay  :blinkie:

Quote:When asked if he approved of the idea, McCain responded, "That pretty little MILF can do whatever she wants as long as she gets me some votes." When reminded that he was being recorded, McCain recanted his statement and began singing the National Anthem.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?h...e=s2i40632
[/quote]

I'd laugh, but it would be too painful.  Tongue2

What are the Chances that Sarah Palin Will Succeed to the Presidency Without an Election if the McCain Ticket is Successful?