TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Rinky Dink YourHighBid with 555 members further dilutes the auction market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rinky Dink YourHighBid with 912 members further proves to the auction market that a listing on the PSU chart doesn't add much to a site's value: the owners are trying to sell the site, $500 starting bid, $1500 BIN

"YourHighBid Auction Site for Sale"
www.yourhighbid.com/156470,auction_id,auction_details

Quote:YourHighBid Auction Site
http://www.yourhighbid.com

We have been in business 3½ years
Running PHPProbid Auction Script v6.07
Currently there are 912 Registered Members and 7309 Active Listings

Included in sale are
domain name
member base
phpprobid license
several phpprobid mods (not installed)
logos and graphics
alternate domains yourhighbid.net and yourhighbid.org
Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Squidoo Accounts

Buyer needs to find own hosting and move site to own server.

Site has great potential for someone who has the time to develop and advertise.

We have enjoyed our time as owners of YHB, but its time to move on to other projects

Happy Bidding!
Hopefully, she didn't pay much for it  :Smile
I'm sure Craftmeets 12 registered users are very excited. Smileyyellowbang
At that rate, they will be the nexy eBay in no time  Toothy9
YourHighBid's new graphic should have the horse running backward and a rider screaming "I'm soooo confused!" 'cause the membership ticker is going backward.

At least nothing changes in Rinky Dink Realm.  Laughing4
Is that 2 horses on the new logo or one horse with a skin condition on its ass?
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=18419.msg76099#msg76099 date=1293997601]
Is that 2 horses on the new logo or one horse with a skin condition on its ass?
[/quote]

Methinks, Doc, that you may be correct. The patient appears terminal. You gonna' send 'em a bill?
4 or 5 forum posters will have to get a life tomorrow. Nobody else will even notice.

YHB 5/31/11 Wrote:YHB Closing June 1st
The YourHighBid.com website will close June 1st 2011.

You are welcome to join us at our new location: Shopriety Stores

Thank you for being a part of YourHighBid.com!

The Staff and Mangement of YourHighBid.com

YHB 5/15/11 Wrote:Important YourHighBid.com News

To all YourHighBid.com Members:

I apologize, in advance, for the lengthiness of this letter. Please be sure to read the entire contents as there is important information regarding YourHighBid.com.

Our Shopriety Stores site is open and available for YourHighBid members to list their items for sale.

I have not opened it up to the general public yet as I wanted YourHighBid Members to have the first opportunity to list there and become familiar with the new site.

We have installed many amenities there for you to utilize including: live chat, shopping cart or invoice billing system, direct or off line payment options, setting up your own sales tax charts, setting your own shipping charges and which carrier you use, a one page listing process, free shipping icons if you choose to offer free shipping on any of your items, many categories to list in, and more!

We wanted to offer you a selling site that would be easy for you and buyers to use with lots of WORKING bells and whistles!

As with any new site, though we have tried to test it as thoroughly as possible, there will probably be some issues that arise. We stand ready to give you the customer service you deserve and will do our best to fix any issues as quickly and thoroughly as possible, including adding needed listings categories.

Despite many hours of work devoted to fixing the YourHighBid site, we still have many unresolved issues. We had hopes that we could rebuild the YourHighBid site on a totally clean script and simply insert our Member's information and listed items for sale into the new script. Due to changes made to the current YourHighBid script by previous programmers, to our great disappointment and dismay, we have found this to be impossible.

We have had many discussions with our programmer and though it is with much regret that we come to this decision, we believe the best option for our Members is to retire YourHighBid completely and encourage and hope that you will continue to make one of our Selling Sites your home. We have Shopriety Stores available as a general selling site and The Craft Meet for those of you who have handcrafted or handassembled items for sale. You may choose the site that is most appropriate for the items you sell, or if you sell some of both types of items, you may have an account on both sites. After retiring YourHighBid, we will be building a new niche site for Antiques and Collectibles. You will be the first to be invited to sell on that site also, once it is ready.

All the new selling sites are being equipped with automated Google Base Feeds in addition to rss feeds for both the entire site and your own store. Plus we have engaged the services of an SEO Professional to help us to increase our standings in searches on the Web. We want you to be selling! and are doing everything in our power to help that become a reality for you!

If you wish to sell onShopriety Stores orThe Craft Meet, please move your Your High Bid listings as soon as possible. If you need help moving your listings, I will PERSONALLY help you if you will contact me right away. Here are two of my email addresses: xxxx and xxxxxx

Fees: BothShopriety Stores andThe Craft Meet fees are based on Store Subscription levels. If you wish to move to either of these sites, please register an account on the site(s) and verify your email address when you receive your verification notice. I will then approve your account(s) and, on The Craft Meet, will add enough site credits to pay for your store there for 1 (one) year for free. On Shopriety Stores, I will add enough site credits to pay for an unlimited item store for 8 months for free ($100) in site credits. There are no listing fees or final value fees on either site with the exception of down loadable items and those fees are very low ($.10).

We value your loyalty and Membership on YourHighBid.com, but feel that starting fresh is our best option for your and our success. We hope that you will continue to be a Member of one or more of our selling sites!

Please remember to contact me for help moving your listings or if you have any questions.

We Thank you for being a Member of YourHighBid!

Let's move forward into a new and exciting future of selling success together!

All our Best to you Always!

The Staff and Owners of YourHighBid.com

http://www.yourhighbid.com/news,page,202...tent_pages
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

OK. They had a site that initially had some members and it died.

So. Now they have a site with basically no members. Their best bet is to put a lightening rod on a tower and hope a lightening strike will breathe life into the thing. [Image: smiley_emoticons_halloweenstars_fra.gif]

Pages: 1 2