TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon Users Furious! Amazon Payments Only violates Anti-Trust Act! Class Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These quotes are from Amazon users who are furious over Bozo Jeff and Amazon's fascist dictatorial monopolistic commie anti-seller Amazon Payments only policy.  Angel1

Quote:The new PAYPAL Amazon Payments ONLY policy of eBay Amazon violates the Anti Trust Act becuse eBay Amazon limits the sale of an item to only those Sellers who are willing to allow payment accepted from PAYPAL Amazon Payments, an eBay Amazon owned company.

Definitely an ANTI TRUST ACT violation.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN. I did.
Quote:The point is that eBay Amazon is dictating to its Sellers that they must no longer accept a Check or Money Order as payment for their (sellers) item. eBay Amazon itself will still accept from the Seller a Check or Money Order as payment for the fees the Seller owes them! Can you say Hypocrisy? Message Board Rumor has it, that not allowing Checks or Money Orders is unlawful and that if the items sold were eBay's Amazon's property this would be fine but the items are the Sellers Property and eBay Amazon is just the venue for which Sellers are able to make their property available to the buying public.
Quote:Why would it not be possible to file a class lawsuit against ebay Amazon. I sell a lot to institutions who do not want to use paypal Amazon Payments for various reasons. I will loose this important group of clients if paypal Amazon forces on me paypal Amazon Payments only policies

:twistedevil:
Quote:Amazon Users Furious! Amazon Payments Only violates Anti-Trust Act! Class Action

Smartass.  Laughing7

I kind of doubt that eBay executives would have to worry about "the Feds flash banging their doors" or losing an anti-trust suit if they decided to make PayPal the only method of payment on the US site.  All of the media venues I sell on require sellers to use their in-house payment systems exclusively (Amazon, Alibris, Half, A1Books, Buy.com Marketplace, Play.  GEMM doesn't require use of their GEMMpay but strongly encourages it).

Quote:Message Board Rumor has it, that not allowing Checks or Money Orders is unlawful

I guess I'm going to jail--I haven't offered either option in almost 5 years.  Confusedtolensmiley:
Quote:Message Board Rumor has it,

Happy001
[quote author=valleygirl link=topic=18423.msg72415#msg72415 date=1221282688]
Quote:Message Board Rumor has it,

Happy001
[/quote]

It must be true if it was posted on a board.  Confusedtolensmiley: