TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Colorado man glued to toilet seat, sues store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:A Colorado man who had a panic attack when he found he was glued to a toilet seat in a Home Depot restroom has sued the home improvement giant for negligence, saying staff ignored his plight.

full article: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArti...EnoughNews&storyID=2005-11-03T212027Z_01_FOR376812_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-GLUE.XML&archived=False
Quote:he was stuck in the stall with his pants down for about 20 minutes and that two years after the 2003 incident he was suffering from post-traumatic stress, which has triggered diabetes and heart complications.

"I have these nightmares every night...

Why do I not believe him?  Smileybankerconfused
Interesting it didn't say how they got him off the toilet.  I assume they must have probably called the fire department and can you imagine the humilation of strangers trying to pry your naked butt off a toilet?  Definitely not a Kodak moment. 

Actually, wait a minute, there should be evidence to prove his case - where's the pictures?

Quote:has triggered diabetes and heart complications.

Hmmm, let's see, my father was diagnosed a few months back with diabetes just shortly after he suffered a heart attack, I wonder, surely there must some incident someplace in his past that he can file a lawsuit and and claim it caused his diabetes and heart attack and not his poor eating habits. 
Happy001

I believe that being glued to a toilet seat could give you nightmares years later but I don't see how it would give you diabetes.
Smileyviolin  Sign10
[quote author=maryrussel link=topic=1151.msg4395#msg4395 date=1131314981]
I believe that being glued to a toilet seat could give you nightmares years later but I don't see how it would give you diabetes.
[/quote]I'm with Mary on this one.  Post traumatic stress?  Yes.  Blood sugar problems?  Hmmmmmmmmm.  Maybe he sat there for two hours eating chocolate bars instead of reading the Inquirer. 

Ya think?
How in the world did the glue get on the seat in the first place?

[quote author=stardust link=topic=1151.msg4397#msg4397 date=1131322684]
I'm with Mary on this one.  Post traumatic stress?  Yes.  Blood sugar problems?  Hmmmmmmmmm.  Maybe he sat there for two hours eating chocolate bars instead of reading the Inquirer. 
[/quote]

Laughing4 
Happy001
[quote author=butterflykisses link=topic=1151.msg4398#msg4398 date=1131327367]

How in the world did the glue get on the seat in the first place?
[/quote]
No doubt there will be a parade of high priced experts to prove that either:
a) the victim provided his own glue, purchased at Wal-Mart,  Snorting    or
b) the glue in question is a special resin bonding compound never intended for toilet seats and was used by Home Depot employees in clear disregard of the label instructions, common sense, God, and country.  :oops:

Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 2