TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Policy Suggestion for Ebay: Ban My Competitors Who Don't Collect Sales Tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Policy Suggestion for Ebay: Stop Allowing Boinktards to Violate The Law! Level the Playing Field! Ban My Competitors Who Don't Collect Sales Tax On Intrastate Sales!

Pretty please.  Love10

PS you may use this helpful link to find and ban the dirty rotten tax cheating bastards http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/...iness/BRD/

I was the one cheering when New York State attempted to level the playing field by passing a law that requires merchants like Amazon and New Egg to collkect sales tax so you know where I stand on this issue.  ;D

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18439.msg72488#msg72488 date=1221706644]
A Policy Suggestion for Ebay: Stop Allowing Boinktards to Violate The Law! Level the Playing Field! Ban My Competitors Who Don't Collect Sales Tax On Intrastate Sales!

Pretty please.  Love10

PS you may use this helpful link to find and ban the dirty rotten tax cheating bastards http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/...iness/BRD/

[/quote]

Seems only fair.  Confusedtolensmiley:
Quote:Ban My Competitors Who Don't Collect Sales Tax On Intrastate Sales!

eBay should disadvantage them in search instead of banning them.   Whip2
Quote:I was the one cheering when New York State attempted to level the playing field by passing a law that requires merchants like Amazon and New Egg to collkect sales

I disagree with New York's position that having affiliates in a state constitutes having a physical presence in the state but (for purely selfish reasons Laughing7 ) I do think that all merchants, including eBay hobby sellers, who have an actual physical presence in a state should be required to collect sales tax on intrastate orders and penalized if they choose to disregard the law (even if, like many eBay sellers, their failure to collect sales tax is due to ignorance of the law). 

Am I reading the PeSA board or TT? Happy001

Behead the cheats don't ban them! Start a petition and I'll sign it